Monday, October 27, 2008

El Zaribah Shriners


I just returned from Lake Havasu City in western Arizona. I had the pleasure of leading the 2008 fall class of Shriner Candidates on their mile long parade through town, and then Piping for the Arch Degree in that evening’s ceremonial. It gave me pause to think of just how blessed most of us are, not just for our own health, but for the health of our children and grand children.

All day on the way up and then again the morning of the parade I was totally focused on performing for the Shrine. However, as I watched and participated in the Arch Degree, which is a celebration of the great work done by the Shrine hospitals, I realized what larger blessings life gives most of us.

So, here’s a toast to your good health and to the good health of those you love. May you never need the Shrine and may you always know they are there.

Slainte

2 comments:

Shriners Parade said...

Mike it is good to see a bagpipe acomming across the Sand leading the pack. Hope you don't mind I copied your page and posted it om my blog. i am now following your blog. Keep up the good work. Ca-shriners.blogspot.com

Mike (AKA Pops) said...

Thanks for the kind words! Remember, it is all about the kids.

Mike