Wednesday, September 28, 2011

Played Vegas?

Last year I was asked to play for residents and families at the new Marquis Care at Centennial Hills Skilled Nursing & Rehab Center in Las Vegas. It was a holiday party, and I was the surprise entertainment. I used one of the un-occupied suites on the upper floor for a “Green Room” and I must tell you, these accommodations are VERY nice.

At the appointed time I entered the elevator playing Scotland the Brave and descended to the first floor, exited the elevator and marched into the party. The effect was wonderful. I was introduced and then played another tune, then the guest speakers, followed by a blessing and Amazing Grace. During the meal itself I switched to the small pipes and played to individuals, tables and groups.

I must tell you that the warmth and care exuded by the attentive staff was truly remarkable. This must be one of the finest facilities in the country! So have I played Vegas? Well yes, not “The Strip”, but I was able to help some very warm and caring people brighten the day of individuals who were having a hard time of it. I’ll take my gig anytime!

Slainte mhor! Pops :-)

No comments: